Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Was Dan Scott the Greatest TV Character of All Time?


I just finished up One Tree Hill last night, and while I know the show ended in 2012, this was the first time I'd ever seen the show. By season 2, Dan Scott had emerged as my favorite character. Not because he was a likable guy but because he was the most over the top dickhead villain I'd ever seen. Everything he said made me crack up because it was more of an asshole comment than the previous. While his comments might make everyone else hate the guy, they made me love him. He then, of course, goes and (SPOILER) murders his brother Keith for no real reason which made me hate him for about an episode. And then he spit on his grave and the over the top dickhead villain was BACK. Not only was he out here murdering some of my other favorite characters in cold blood, but he was spitting on their graves like an absolute savage. I loved it. Missed Keith, but holy fuck did I love Dan Scott pimping all over his grave, becoming mayor, and just not giving a fuck for a while.



And then, in the greatest 180 since Tony Hawk retired, Dan Scott became a good guy. Admitted his murder, went to prison, flipped burgers for a while, saved Quinn from murdering a chick, saved Jamie's dumb ass a billion times, saved Nathan from the crazy blackmailing chick, and finally saved Nathan from his kidnappers. Sure, he stared Keith in the eyes and shot him right in the heart, but he saved so many lives after that I think he made up for it. Dude's a boss and gave some of the best asshole one liners in television history.

Unfortunately I couldn't find great highlight packages or quote lists for Danny Boy, so I'll just leave you with this gif of him saving the god damn day at the end of the series.


In short, yes it's very possible he is.



P.S. One Tree Hill is a very good show. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information. Thanks. For more information visit legal herbal empire for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the greatest thing I have ever read

    ReplyDelete