Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Rough First Day Of Free Agency Frenzy For The Bruins

I was amazed hearing the news that Jarome Iginla was leaving the Bruins. From everything I had heard I thought Iggy would be in the spoked B for a while. He was constantly saying how much he loved the city of Boston and how happy his family was. Obviously the organization was delighted with Iggy's season, he's a 30+ goal scorer and they were paying him next to nothing. I guess I should have seen the writing on the walls with this one. I was kind of surprised he was going to the Avalanche, I don't see them as a cup contender quite yet. 

We've known for a while now that Thorty wouldn't be a Bruin next season, I guess it hurts to now see that it is official. It will definitely be weird to see him in a Panthers jersey next season. He is guaranteed a great response when he comes back to Boston next season. I think he'll be a Bruin forever at heart. 

This also isn't a huge surprise. Johnson had a great season as a back up and I kind of figured they wouldn't be able to keep him. I think he has the potential to be a starter next season for the Islanders. He might be the goalie they have been looking for all this years.

No comments:

Post a Comment