Friday, March 6, 2015

Grady Jarrett's Goodbye Letter to Clemson is Pretty Awesome


From TigerNews:

Dear Tiger Nation:
As I complete my final “official” football event at Clemson’s Pro Day, I wanted to thank all of you who made my Clemson experience so special and memorable.    
Thank you Coach Swinney and the entire coaching staff for molding me into the player and man I am today.  I came to Clemson with ambitious goals, and was able to attain just about all of them through your guidance and leadership.   I was blessed to have played for you and appreciate how you prepared me for both my future in the NFL and for life in general.    
I am also so grateful to have formed personal relationships with President Jim Clements and Athletic Director Dan Radakovich. Trainer Danny Poole and Strength Coach Joey Batson and their staffs were an integral part of my development physically, while Pastor Jeff Davis, team Chaplain James Trapp and academic advisor Wayne “Cheech” Coffman were just as important for my mental/spiritual development.  Thank you to our managers, football operations staff, Vickery Hall staff, the Board of Trustees, IPTAY and Jill Wilks. All of you made valuable contributions to our football team’s and my success.  All of you helped me develop as a football player, and man.  I will sorely miss seeing all of you on a daily basis.
The Tiger experience was made special by my teammates – past and present.  We gave our blood, sweat and tears to this program and, as a team, we lived up to the high standards of Clemson Tiger Football.  The mutual support we enjoyed on-and-off the field helped mold each one of us, and our friendships will continue long beyond Clemson.    
The Clemson experience goes far beyond football and I want to express my gratitude to my professors, academic advisors, and fellow students, all of whom made Clemson feel like my home away from home.
Finally, to the fans who packed Death Valley every Saturday, I thank you for the unwavering support and love you have shown our team throughout my Clemson career.  You embraced and cheered for me always, and I’ll never forget or replace the feeling I had running onto that field.
It was an honor to wear the orange and purple, and I will definitely be an active member of The Tiger Nation moving forward.
All In!! Tiger For Life!
Grady Jarrett
Defensive Tackle – #50


And that's just the kinda players Dabo Swinney molds in his program here at Clemson. You can have all the talent in the world but Dabo builds you into a better person when you play for him. And I'm sure Grady Jarrett was a great guy before he came here, but Dabo and his staff make sure players don't lose their way while they're here. I'll definitely miss watching Grady and all the other studs on defense leaving. All in, baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment