Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Zayn Has Officially Left One Direction


SourceZayn Malik has quit One Direction, the band have confirmed in a statement.
Malik said: "My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band.
"I'd like to apologise to the fans if I've let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right."
One Direction will continue their world tour as a four piece and record a fifth album later this year.
Last week, Malik walked away from the band's world tour last week after being signed off with stress.
He returned to the UK shortly after being forced to defend his relationship with his fiancee, Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards.
A photo had earlier emerged of him holding another woman around the waist. 
A second photo, taken from behind, showed Malik standing close to the woman. Their hands and arms looked as though they were linked.
In a statement, the rest of the group said: "We're really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future.
"The past five years have been beyond amazing - we've gone through so much together, so we will always be friends.
"The four of us will now continue. We're looking forward to recording the new album and seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour."
Simon Cowell, who discovered the boyband on talent show The X Factor, said: "I would like to say thank you to Zayn for everything he has done for One Direction.
"Since I first met Zayn in 2010, I have grown very, very fond - and immensely proud - of him. I have seen him grow in confidence and I am truly sorry to see him leave.
"As for One Direction, fans can rest assured that Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis are hugely excited about the future of the band."
Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records in 2010 after finishing third on The X Factor.
Zayn's had a tumultuous time with the band since they were formed back in 2010. He almost quit the band during bootcamp. 


Wow. This sucks. Life just isn't fair. I'm speechless. I've always said that boy bands are meant to be in fives. Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Fingerbang. All fives. And One Direction had that. Now Zayn has to be a bitch and leave cause he can't handle the boy band life. Four unreal albums in four years, and Zayn's just gonna throw it all away. Get a grip pal. Love that 1D is still going on though. Harry, Niall, Liam, and Louis aren't pussies. They're gonna go on, and they're gonna be fine. Just a little less diverse when making music. Still gonna be jams. I'll be interested to see how it'll sound without Zayn, but it can't be that much different. I'm just rambling here cause I can't really form a thought, so sorry about that. Just sad stuff man. Like I said, 1D will be fine, but it won't be the same without the five. I like all five of them together, just the perfect fucking band. Literally making some of the best music ever recorded. And now it's just four. Just not right. I'm so beyond rattled, it's unreal. You can call me "gay" or a chick or something like that for liking One Direction so much, but here's the harsh truth. If you don't like One Direction, you should go ahead and just die in a ditch and never get found. They're better than the Backstreet Boys. Better than N Sync. Better than ANY other boy band ever. Pretty much better than any band ever. I'll take that to my grave. Sure there are some solid rock bands from the 80s that I love. Dave Matthews Band is unreal. But there is no other band that has ever existed that I can just put on and listen to all their music in a row for four hours. ALL of it. ALL OF IT IS ABSOLUTE FIRE. I'm starting to get carried away here because 1D is still a band, just without Zayn. So it's not like they won't still put out fire jams, but it's just such a sad day that I have to get this all out here. 
I now know where broken hearts go. They go lie in bed and cry with a carton of ice cream listening to their entire One Direction library. 


Some of the best from the first four albums.




No comments:

Post a Comment