Monday, March 2, 2015

Brett Connolly Trade to Bruins

Source- BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, March 2, that the Bruins have acquired forward Brett Connolly from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for the Bruins' natural second round draft pick in 2015 and the Bruins' natural second round draft pick in 2016.

I think this is a good trade for the Bruins. Connolly is a 22 year old who has an awesome ceiling. In Tampa he was stuck behind a lot of stars in Tampa, I think a change of scenery could be a great benefit for him. I'm not sure that he'll make an immediate impact but I think in the long run he could end up being awesome for the B's. He was a great goal scorer in juniors so I wouldn't be shocked to see that again. He only has 30 points in 132 games but like I said, he hasn't gotten a chance to truly shine being stuck behind superstars. In the AHL he has 120 points in 137 games which just goes to prove that he does have the capabilities to put up numbers. The Bruins gave up two second round picks which i think is a great deal. With the potential that Connolly has, if he hits that it makes it 100% worth it. I'm interested to see where Connolly will fit into the B's line up. I'll be curious to see what they do with Reilly Smith and Loui Eriksson, do they move Loui back to left wing? I also wouldn't be shocked to see the B's get rid of one of those guys. There's 50 minutes left before the deadline is up. Can't wait to see what else happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment