On paper, it was another week of not so great matchups. However, it was another unreal week in college football as we had a crazy ending to a game for the third straight week. Let's go.
1. Ohio State Buckeyes: BYE (JT Barrett spent his bye week getting hammered and driving his car)
2. Baylor Bears: BYE
3. Clemson Tigers (@ NC State, W 56-41): For the first time this season, our defense didn't look stellar, but I'm not worried about that. We have the best defensive coordinator in the country and he'll get them back on track. Besides Jacoby Brissett is a pretty solid quarterback. But how bout Clemson's offense again just putting up huge numbers. Over 600 yards of offense, and Deshaun Watson is really finding a groove as he put up maybe his best game as a Tiger. He's really starting to look like a top Heisman candidate, and with Wayne Gallman carrying the rock like he is, this offense is tough to stop right now. Big game this week with FSU as the Tigers try to lock up the Atlantic division and beat the Seminoles for the first time since 2011.
4. LSU Tigers: BYE
5. TCU Horned Frogs (vs. West Virginia, W 40-10): Whadya know! Another spectacular performance by Trevone Boykin. TCU has yet to really play anyone that great so it's tough to tell just how good they are, but if Boykin keeps playing like this, the Frogs are gonna have a real good chance of going undefeated.
6. Michigan State Spartans: BYE
7. Alabama Crimson Tide: BYE
8. Stanford Cardinal (@ Washington State, W 30-28): Well of course as soon as I go saying nice things about Stanford they go and win a game on a missed field goal against Washington State. And I know they aren't that bad and have a high powered offense, but you'd think Stanford could win a little more convincingly.
9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (@ Temple, W 24-20): The Irish got all they could handle from the surprising Temple squad but they were able to get the job done late in the game. Kind of a crazy finish and it created a solid Saturday night game even though ND-Temple may not seem like such a great matchup. Not the greatest highlight package here since it's a Michael Jackson music video and 9 minutes long but the only other ones I could find were either all Temple highlights or all Notre Dame highlights, which is beyond stupid.
10. Iowa Hawkeyes (vs. Maryland 31-15): I still haven't seen Iowa play. But they're still undefeated. Chances are when I actually see them play, they'll suck and lose.
11. Florida Gators (vs. Georgia, W 27-3): So Florida seems to be doing okay without Will Grier. And Georgia seems to be falling apart without Nick Chubb. I guess that makes sense.
12. Oklahoma State Cowboys (@ Texas Tech, W 70-53): Highest scoring game of the college football season so far. Just unreal that defenses can give up this many points. Props to OK State for being down by three possessions early and saying "screw it, we'll put up 70 anyway."
13. Utah Utes (vs. Oregon State, W 27-12): Nice bounce back win for the Utes but there's a decent chance their playoff hopes are done. Let's see what they can do as we get to the latter part of the season.
14. Oklahoma Sooners (@ Kansas, W 62-7): Like I said last week, Kansas may be the worst power 5 team in the country. That being said, Oklahoma is murdering every team they play right now.
15. Michigan Wolverines (@ Minnesota, W 29-26): Another wild ending for Michigan, as they come out on top of this one at the last second.
16. Memphis Tigers (vs. Tulane, W 41-13): And Memphis stays undefeated.
17. Florida State Seminoles (vs. Syracuse, W 45-21): Have fun celebrating this great win over Cuse guys. Because in 5 days Clemson will massacre you all.
18. Houston Cougars (vs. Vanderbilt, W 34-0): Good look for the SEC, having one of its teams shut out by Houston. The Cougars stay undefeated.
19. Ole Miss Rebels (@ Auburn, W 27-19): Auburn gave Ole Miss a bit of a scare but Swag Kelly and the Rebs persevered. They still control their own destiny in the SEC West.
20. Toledo Rockets: BYE
21. Temple Owls (vs. #9 Notre Dame, L 24-20): The Owls gave the Irish all they could but just couldn't come out on top. Great effort but unfortunately for them they are no longer undefeated.
22. Duke Blue Devils (vs. Miami, L 30-27): And here is the absolutely unbelievable finish for the third straight week. Obviously there were some issues arousing from this final play with the officiating and such, but I don't care. I've never seen a lateral play actually work so this was sick.
23. Pittsburgh Panthers (vs. North Carolina, L 26-19): In what could be the deciding game for the Coastal division of the ACC, Pitt drops their first game in ACC play. UNC is 7-1 and 4-0 in conference. They could be dangerous down the stretch.
24. UCLA Bruins (vs. Colorado, W 35-31): I'm pretty sure UCLA was favored by like 20 points here, so sick game Bruins.
25. Mississippi State Bulldogs: BYE