Sunday, February 22, 2015

Miracle On Ice 35 Year Reunion

Today is the 35 year anniversary of the Miracle On Ice. One of the best days in USA's history and the most important in American Hockey. It's crazy to think that the captain of the team and the guy who scored the game winning goal quit hockey after that. Just hung em' up. No more. That's pretty impressive knowing that you peaked right there. USA winning this game during such a tough time in our country's history is incredible. Not only did these guys win this game but they did it on their home turf, right in Lake Placid. I still watch Miracle probably once a month and will never get sick of it. If you ask me, I think that the Miracle on Ice was the coolest moment in United States sporting history. This group of college players came together and beat a team of professional hockey players that were pretty much invincible. 
Every time I watch this video I get the chills. If you don't you're probably a communist. 

This is 500000% the best pre-game speech given all time. I get absolutely FIRED UP whenever I listen to this. I'm ready to run through a brick wall. 

You guys are playing like this is some throwaway game in Rochester 

"Wherever doesn't get me hit"
My personal favorite clip from the whole movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment