Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Huge Bruins Moves

So it's been a pretty big day for the Bruins. They hadn't done anything in the first day of free agency up until right now. The news has came out via multiple reliable sources that the Bruins are trading Reilly Smith and Marc Savard to the Florida Panthers for Jimmy Hayes. Getting rid of Savard's contract is awesome, it's absolutely huge for the Bruins and clears up space. Marc Savard was a great guy and a great hockey player so it's a shame what happened to him (thanks Matt Cooke). I absolutely hate Reilly Smith, I think he got a little to big for his britches. He didn't do much of anything last season and didn't seem to be an asset to the team what so ever. Adding Jimmy Hayes is awesome, he's a big guy that will fit in Boston perfectly he's a super solid right winger that I think will help the team immediately. I expect to see him on the right wing of the Marchand-Bergeron line. They needed to fill that spot because clearly Reilly Smith wasn't working out at all. Matt Beleskey was probably the most sought after player in the free agency so the Bruins being able to get him is absolutely huge. At first, I was scared that the Bruins were going to way overpay him and he could end up like David Clarkson. Instead of doing that, the Bruins managed to sign him to a 3.8/4yr deal which is awesome. Beleskey had a great play off run but in my opinion that wasn't enough to sign him to a major contract. Beleskey is going to be a great fit in Boston and I think this will be a good marriage. So after all this, I have to apologize to Don Sweeney and the Bruins for all the hurtful things I have said in the past week, I am sorry. Let it be on record that I still hate the Hamilton trade and I will never ever understand why they traded for Rinaldo, it will never make sense to me. I think the last thing that the Bruins need to do is somehow land a top  4 or even top 2 defenseman since their defense as of right now is pretty ugly. Anyways, I couldn't be happier with that Don Sweeney and the Bruins front office did today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment