Rivalry week in college football is always exciting and it didn't disappoint again this year. You're a scrub if you don't watch any of these games.
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (vs. #15 Auburn, W 55-44): The Iron Bowl certainly did not disappoint. Bama was down at the half and early in the third, but then just took over the game. Amari Cooper is ridiculous. He caught 13 passes for 224 yards while the rest of the team combined for 7 catches for 88 yards. It's easy to say "just cover Cooper" but to actually do it is a completely different thing.
2. Oregon Ducks (@ Oregon State, W 47-19): Mariota and the Ducks just dominated from the start. Oregon State sucks this year, so this was easy to predict.
3. Florida State Seminoles (vs. Florida, W 24-19): 12 for 24, 125 yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs. Those are the stats of Jameis Winston on Saturday and FSU still won. I don't get it.
4. Mississippi State Bulldogs (@ #19 Ole Miss, L 31-17): Didn't watch much of this one, but it seems like Ole Miss showed up to play and the Bulldogs just didn't. Rough end to the season for Mississippi State.
5. TCU Horned Frogs: BYE
6. Ohio State Buckeyes (vs. Michigan, W 42-28): Tied at the half, but OSU pulled away late. Buuuut JT Barrett is out for the rest of the season now after an injury.
7. Baylor Bears (@ Texas Tech, W 48-46): Baylor baaaarely held on against the Red Raiders. Huge comeback from Texas Tech but they fell short. Baylor still very much alive for a playoff spot.
8. UCLA Bruins (vs. Stanford, L 31-10): Knew UCLA wasn't legit.
9. Georgia Bulldogs (vs. #16 Georgia Tech, L 30-24 OT): Mark Richt sucks, Hunter Mason sucks, kicker sucks. What the hell did Georgia do in the last 18 seconds of regulation and in the OT?
10. Michigan State Spartans (@ Penn State, W 34-10): Probably one of the least compelling games of the day, so I don't have much to say. Nice job Spartans I guess.
11. Arizona Wildcats (vs. #13 Arizona State, W 42-35): There couldn't be much more at stake in this game as Arizona held off their in-state rivals to take the Pac 12 South. Sets up a rematch against Oregon in the Pac-12 title game, who the Wildcats beat in Eugene earlier this year. It remains Oregon's only loss.
12. Kansas State Wildcats (vs. Kansas, W 51-13): At home, against the worst team in the conference. Better be a blowout.
13. Arizona State Sun Devils (@ #11 Arizona, L 42-35): Tough loss against the rivals. The Sun Devils missed out on a chance to play Oregon for the Pac-12 title.
14. Wisconsin Badgers (vs. #18 Minnesota, W 34-24): The Badgers got off to a slow start in this one, but Melvin Gordon ended up with another big game, and they're off to the BIG 10 title game against OSU.
15. Auburn Tigers (@ #1 Alabama, L 55-44): Auburn fired their defensive coordinator after this game. That's all that needs to be said about this one.
16. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (@ #9 Georgia, W 30-24 OT): GA Tech is lucky Georgia sucks so much. They're also the only team in the country with a half decent kicker it seems.
17. Missouri Tigers (vs. Arkansas, W 21-14): Missouri claimed the SEC East for the second straight year after battling it out against one of the hottest teams in the country. Still can't figure out this Missouri team though. So confusing.
18. Minnesota Golden Gophers (@ #14 Wisconsin, L 34-24): Tough one for the Gophers. Coulda gotten another crack at the Buckeyes in the BIG 10 title game if they won. Buuuuut they didn't so the Badgers are going.
19. Ole Miss Rebels (vs. #4 Mississippi State, W 31-17): Ole Miss' season was going downhill fast, but they salvaged some of it by beating their rivals in the Egg Bowl.
20. Oklahoma Sooners: BYE
21. Clemson Tigers (vs. South Carolina, W 35-17): The drought is over!! That losing streak needed to end and Deshaun took care of it. I got a little nervous when Deshaun hobbled off the field a couple times and Cole Stoudt tried to ruin the game, but he battled through it. Listen to some of these stats: Deshaun Watson 14-19, 269 yards, 4 total TDs; Wayne Gallman 27 carries, 191 yards, 1 TD; Artavis Scott 7 catches, 185 yards, 2 TDs. THEY'RE ALL FRESHMEN. The future is bright for Clemson. Hopefully we get a solid bowl game and don't play some lousy competition. Oh...and Deshaun apparently played on a torn ACL. He tore it in practice last week, but doctors said he could play with a brace and not do any more damage. So he'll get surgery after the bowl game. Pray for a speedy recovery and that he'll be back, good as new for the start of next season. Dude is a BEAST though.
22. Louisville Cardinals (vs. Kentucky, W 44-40): The Cards were able to battle it out against their SEC rival in a shootout. Sick defense though.
23. Boise State Broncos (vs. Utah State, W 50-19): Oh, sup Boise State. Welcome to the top 25.
24. Marshall Thundering Herd (vs. Western Kentucky, L 67-66 OT): HOLY SHIT. What a game. A lot of basketball teams would be hard pressed to score this many points. Sucks that Marshall's undefeated season is over, but oh well. Check out some of these stats.
25. Utah Utes (@ Colorado, W 38-34): Colorado is HORRIBLE so a win by 4 against them isn't very much of a statement at all. Wouldn't be surprised if the Utes drop out of the top 25.