Not the best slate of games we've seen for a week of college football, but that being said we still saw a few thrillers and some top 25 blow outs.
1. Ohio State Buckeyes (vs. Western Michigan, W 38-12): Cardale Jones was back in at starter and he looked a lot better than last week. Buuuuut it was also Western Michigan so take that with a grain of salt.
2. Michigan State Spartans (vs. Central Michigan, W 30-10): A game I didn't watch. Can't imagine I missed much. Sick game MSU.
3. Ole Miss Rebels (vs. Vanderbilt, W 27-16): Perhaps a bit of a let down for Ole Miss after playing Alabama last week, but they got the win. And even though Vandy sucks, it still counts as a conference win. Can't knock that.
3. TCU Horned Frogs (@ Texas Tech, W 55-52): This was an incredible game. The tipped ball TD catch with about 20 seconds left was insane. And Tech almost answering with a bunch of laterals as time expired was nuts. Can't really ask for a more exciting college football game. Texas Tech is pretty good so I wouldn't dock TCU too much for only winning by 3. That's a conference road win. However, I think it's safe to say that their defense may need some work.
5. Baylor Bears (vs. Rice, W 70-17): What is Baylor thinking when they plan their out of conference schedule? They never play anyone meaningful out of conference.
6. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (vs. UMass, W 62-27): Notre Dame struggled early, but they got it figured out, setting up a huge matchup at Clemson this Saturday with College Gameday coming to Tiger Town.
7. Georgia Bulldogs (vs. Southern, W 48-6): A little prep for UGA before Bama this week.
8. LSU Tigers (@ Syracuse, W 34-24): Leonard Fournette with another 200 yard rushing game. He's pretty good.
9. UCLA Bruins (@ #16 Arizona, W 56-30): Okay, maybe UCLA is pretty good. I can't tell with these guys.
10. Florida State Seminoles: BYE
11. Clemson Tigers: BYE
12. Alabama Crimson Tide (vs. UL-Monroe, W 34-0): Great game Bama. Nice.
13. Oregon Ducks (vs. #18 Utah, L 62-20): I'm not sure how the Ducks got absolutely WORKED at home against Utah but it happened. Tough start to the season for Oregon. Credit to Utah for showing up and performing at a high level.
14. Texas A&M Aggies (vs. Arkansas, W 28-21 OT): Arkansas is still gonna be a tough opponent even though they've lost 3 games already. Arkansas was desperate for a win so nice job by A&M to escape with the W in Dallas.
15. Oklahoma Sooners: BYE
16. Arizona Wildcats (vs. #9 UCLA, L 56-30): Gotta at least make it a game guys, c'mon.
17. Northwestern Wildcats (vs. Ball State, W 24-19): Northwestern staying undefeated, love it.
18. Utah Utes (@ #13 Oregon, W 62-20): By far the most impressive win of the week goes to Utah. Hopefully they can continue to play well because it would be fun to have a team like Utah in the playoff mix.
19. USC Trojans (@ Arizona State, W 42-14): Pretty solid win on the road for the Trojans. ASU is a decent football team so credit USC for blowing them out at their place.
20. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (@ Duke, L 34-20): Nice little run ya had in the top 25 Georgia Tech, buuuut
21. Stanford Cardinal (@ Oregon State, W 42-24): Stanford has really rebounded from that opening week loss to Northwestern. Granted, Oregon State isn't a great football team, but still props to Stanford for starting off hot in conference play.
22. Wisconsin Badgers (vs. Hawaii, W 28-0): Tough schedule for Hawaii this year, huh?
22. BYU Cougars (@ Michigan, L 31-0): BYU blows a late lead at UCLA, and then turns around and gets shut out by Michigan at the Big House. Rough couple of weeks for the Cougars.
24. Oklahoma State (@ Texas, W 30-27): This was actually a great game to watch. Texas was almost able to pull off the upset but they still suck.
25. Missouri Tigers (@ Kentucky, L 21-13): This loss was a long time coming for Missouri. Bout damn time. They aren't a good football team.
Time to get FIRED UP for the big game this weekend. Can't wait to get watch Notre Dame get slaughtered by Deshaun and Co. #GoTigers