Friday, November 21, 2014

11 Drunkest States In America

So I saw this on Bloomberg today which is always a reliable cite so I decided to check it out. Most of the time these lists are stupid and don't make any sense but I believe Bloomberg since it seems like a trust worthy site. 

1. District of Columbia 
I guess this doesn't come as a total shock. There is a large amount of universities in the DC area and it's quiet the affluent area. You've got government officials, college kids, politicians, lawyers, financial studs. That's a perfect storm to have a heavily alcoholic city if you ask me. I would love to see a drinking competition between said parties. 

2. North Dakota
Was this an error or something? I NEVER would have guessed that North Dakota was in the top 11 most drunk cities. Never would have guessed it as a place to be heavy boozers, but that's because I know absolutely nothing about the state. I know they have a nice puck team University of North Dakota which I'm sure makes up for a large portion but I still wouldn't have guessed them to be this high. 

3. Rhode Island
Before I came to University of Rhode Island, if you told me that Rhode Island was in the top 11 for the drunkest states I would have laughed in your face. Now that I'm wrapping up my first semester I 100% believe it. URI loves to party, Providence College loves to party, there's a ton of universities in this silly little state and the all know a good time. Rhode Island peeps like to booze and I respect that. You've got Newport which is one of my favorite summer cities, ever. You can't go there and not have a good time. Plus all the RI beaches makes it one of the best summer destinations. I love RI being #3 on here. 

4. South Dakota
South Dakota is another state that i'm not quite sure how it made the list. I literally have nothing to say about SD? Not sure how they snuck on here. Must be due to the fact that there's nothing to do in SD than get drunk.

5. Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin and the Packers, need I say more? I don't think so.

6. Minnesota
Ahh the hockey state. I love it. Everyone know that hockey players love to drink. I think this makes all the sense in the world. Anyone thats anyone knows that Gordon Bombay had a drinking problem in the first Mighty Ducks. Boom, living up to the Minnesota man name. 

7. Iowa
I'm guessing that when they're done planting, taking care of, and harvesting corn they drink? Literally don't know anything about Iowa other than corn.

8. Massachusetts 
Massachusetts makes sense being in here. Pretty big state. I'm pretty sure that Boston makes up for 95% of this. Talk about a city that loves to drink. With the amount of colleges in Boston and all the young people I'm kind of surprised that Mass isn't higher on the list. Mix in all the championships that New England based sports teams have won recently, it's really no surprise. 

9. Louisiana 
New Orleans. LSU. Hicks. I think this one makes perfectly good sense. NOLA has Bourbon Street, LSU is in the SEC, and everyone knows that hicks LOVE getting piss your pants and riding four wheelers. 

10. Illinois 
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Chicago makes up for a lot of this. It's the third biggest city in America and I know it's a BLAST. Lots of young people and a lot of colleges. Pretty reasonable. 

11. Connecticut
Ahh finally. We're saving the best for last. I was surprised that Connecticut made the list over New York, California, Texas, those big states. But I'm so proud to see my home state at #11. What an honor. In all reality, I guess it's not that surprising that CT is this high up. I don't think I knew one kid in high school that didn't drink and I went to high school with like 500 kids. There's not a lot to do where I grew up so kids would just have parities in the woods. Incase you've been wondering why I made this list 11 states long, this right here is the reason. Had to include CT. CT is one of the most affluent states in the U.S. and a lot of the towns are really nice and have some rich ass players. No surprise these people are gettin' crunk. Respect CT, RESPECT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment