Well Monday is here again unfortunately, and so I'm back to give you a wrap up of this weekend's games. Not a lot of good match ups on paper, but there ended up being some pretty good games.
1. Florida State Seminoles (@ North Carolina State, W 56-41): NC State gave em a run for their money like they usually do up there in Raleigh, but FSU overcame the early 24-7 deficit and the third quarter 38-28 deficit, and powered past the Wolfpack.
2. Oregon Ducks: BYE
3. Alabama Crimson Tide: BYE
4. Oklahoma Sooners: BYE
(almost put the N Sync song back up, but I think you get the point)
5. Auburn Tigers (vs. Louisiana Tech, W 45-17): In a week where a bunch of teams started conference play or continued conference play, you're playing LA Tech. Sweet Auburn.
6. Texas A&M Aggies (vs. Arkansas, W 35-28 OT): I wanted Arkansas to win so bad. They're my sleeper in the SEC, but they blew it. Good comeback by Hill and the Aggies.
7. Baylor Bears (@ Iowa State, W 49-28): Cool.
8. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (@ Syracuse, W 31-15): Everett Golson completed 25 straight passes so I guess that's pretty sick. Other than that, you beat Syracuse so good for you.
9. Michigan State Spartans (vs. Wyoming, W 56-14): Spartans shut down the high powered juggernaut of an offense of Wyoming. Just kidding, I don't know shit about Wyoming. Sweet win MSU.
10. Ole Miss Rebels (vs. Memphis, W 24-3): All I wanna know is why the hell THIS game was showing up on my Snapchat Live all night. It's one thing to have that feature on Snapchat (which I already hate) but to show Snapchats from Ole Miss vs. Memphis?! Weird move.
11. UCLA Bruins (@ #15 Arizona State, W 62-27): Well UCLA finally showed off the offense everyone was talking about at the beginning of the year. Solid win.
12. Georgia Bulldogs (vs. Tennessee, W 35-32): Todd Gurley once again folks. Narrowly escaped the Vols, but Gurley is on another level.
13. South Carolina Gamecocks (vs. Missouri, L 21-20): LOL
14. Mississippi State Bulldogs: BYE
15. Arizona State Sun Devils (vs. #11 UCLA, L 62-27): Didn't have the starting QB but I'm sure they weren't expecting this kinda beat down.
16. Stanford Cardinal (@ Washington, W 20-13): Didn't see this one but I imagine it was one of the more boring games of the year.
17. LSU Tigers (vs. New Mexico State, W 63-7): It's week 5 LSU. Play someone worth a damn.
18. USC Trojans (vs. Oregon State, W 35-10): Quality conference win. I got nothing else.
19. Wisconsin Badgers (vs. South Florida, W 27-10): Wisconsin looked really bad in the first half and then Melvin Gordon took over in the second half.
20. BYU Cougars: BYE
21. Nebraska Cornhuskers (vs. Illinois, W 45-14): Illinois sucks so I don't have much on this one. Ameer Abdullah is really good.
22. Ohio State Buckeyes (vs. Cincinnati, W 50-28): Awesome Ohio State. Awesome.
23. East Carolina Pirates: BYE
24. Oklahoma State Cowboys (vs. Texas Tech, W 45-35): Entertaining Thursday night game. Good win for the Cowboys.
25. Kansas State Wildcats (vs. UTEP, W 58-28): Aaaaaand no one cares.
And since my Clemson Tigers got knocked out of the top 25 last week for the first time in 50 weeks, I have to do an extra bit on them outside of the usual wrap up.
Clemson 50 North Carolina 35: Deshaun Watson looked better than advertised going 27-36 for 435 yards and 6 TDs. He did make one bad throw for a pick but there was also mis-communication with the receiver. Needless to say, he's frickin good. Defense was weak in the second half, but UNC does have a pretty good offense. They were ranked to start the season as well. Vic had two sacks and is now 4th in the nation in that category. As always, it was awesome being in Death Valley. Looking forward to this week against NC State.
Artavis Scott. Beast Mode!
As always #GoTigers