Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Montreal Canadiens Season Preview 2014-15

This sucks to do. I'm sure as a lot of you know, I'm a diehard Bruins fan. There's no professional team that I hate hate hate hate more than the Canadiens. Despise em'. So this is going to be brief and angry (like most other things in my life ie: relationships, working out and everything else) 

Last Seasons Record: 48-28-8

Additions: P.A. Parenteau, Manny MalhotraJiri Sekac, Tom Gilbert.
The Canadiens additions compared to what they lost would not sit well with me if I was a fan. They lost a lot more than what they're getting back. While these are some good players, they're losing a lot of guys. I never think it's a good thing to lose a lot of guys that just went to the conference championship with your team. You're losing a lot of chemistry out on the ice but that's just a part of sports.

Departures: Thomas Vanek, Danny Briere, Brian Gionta, George Parros, Francis Bouillon, Louis Leblanc, Ryan White, Josh Gorges, Douglas Murray.
That's a lot of guys leaving. While they may not all be integral parts of the Canadiens it's still roster spots to fill and new faces. 

Positives: The Canadiens still have some great hockey players in PK Subban, Pacioretty and Price. That's a good big 3 for them. In the Canadiens case I'm sure they're hoping that those guys stay on route for their great careers.

 Negatives: In my opinion, the worst problem for the Canadiens is that they do not have a captain. That leaves a HUGE leadership question. I have no clue why they didn't name Pacioretty or Subban captain. They're both great players that should be in Montreal for a while so I was surprised when neither of them were given the C to wear. I do not think the Canadiens will be able make it as far in the post season as they did last season.


No comments:

Post a Comment