Tuesday, September 9, 2014

T-Swift and Katy Perry are about to Throw Down


Washington PostIt’s almost time for everyone’s favorite game: Guess the people that Taylor Swift skewers in her songs.
In a Rolling Stone cover story released this week, Swift built up the suspense before the October release of her first official pop album “1989.” The singer, known for spilling unflattering details about her exes in her music while never explicitly naming them, offered a surprise clue about the “angriest” song on her upcoming record called “Bad Blood”: It’s actually about a fellow female artist, and all signs point to none other than pop star Katy Perry.
If that’s the case, the most anticipated album of the fall just got a lot more interesting. Who doesn’t love a good feud between super-famous singers? Naturally, Swift didn’t name names to writer Josh Eells, but she did say that it was a classic “frenemy” relationship:
“For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not,” she says. “She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, ‘Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?’” Then last year, the other star crossed a line. “She did something so horrible,” Swift says. “I was like, ‘Oh, we’re just straight-up enemies.’ And it wasn’t even about a guy! It had to do with business. She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me. And I’m surprisingly non-confrontational – you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. It’s awkward, and I don’t like it.
The evidence: Swift and Perry used to be pals, if their tweets back and forth were to be believed. Then last summer, three of Swift’s back-up dancers abruptly left in the middle of Swift’s massive “Red” tour to go work for Perry’s upcoming “Prism” world tour. (The trio previously worked for Perry.) One of them, Lockhart Brownlie, gave an interview confirming that Perry contacted them and offered them new jobs. “We weren’t really dancing in Taylor’s tour anyway, so I had got a little bored, and I really wanted to do a promo tour,” Brownlie said. 
This is just gonna break my poor heart in two. Like do I have to pick a side here? My two favorite singers of probably all time just going at it. Unreal. The music industry needs it, but I don't. It's tough to side against Katy here. If it's about these dancer people, they worked for her first anyway, and they weren't even dancing on Tay's tour either. Sounds like something T-Swift would freak out about even though there's no way three "dancers" leaving would ruin her tour. All that tour needed was Taylor and her god damn chords. Also, if it's about John Mayer, gotta side with KP again. Tay, you were 19 when you dated the loser. Get over it. You should be honored that the hottest woman alive wanted your sloppy seconds. And Katy's subtweet about the matter was pretty classic, but I honestly hate that it has to be these two. This sucks. Praying that "Bad Blood" (NEEEEED to hear it by the way) is about someone else (please be Beyonce). Love both these girls, but wow. I'm not about to commit to Team Katy quite yet, but if someone pointed a gun to my head and said "choose a side" it's looking like that's the way I'd have to go. That's probably the extent I would go to, too before I had to pick a side. Both of em just need to keep doing them and keep putting out fire album after fire album. 
P.S. "Bad Blood" is guaranteed fire regardless of who it's attacking.
Can't be having this fighting shit. NEED more of this.


(Get the fuck outta there Miley)

What a fucking line up this is, huh? Love it. Need it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment