Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Big Revival- Kenny Chesney

So the day is finally here. The new Chez album is released. It's kind of weird I feel like the Chez releases a new album every year? This one is absolute fire though. I can't decide which song I like the most cause they're all so damn good. 

I give it a 10 out of 10 stars.

1. The Big Revival- Starts the album up with a sick build up. He released this song like last week. It's a perfect album opener. It starts mid tempo before he lets it rip. Perfect song to open things up with. 

2. Drink It Up- This song is really just a classic country song. Great summer anthem. When the chorus hits its almost impossible not to sing along. All in all a solid song. Gets the blood goin.

3. Til It's Gone- Another song with just a tremendous chorus. Kenny just singing about young love, something we can all relate to or something. 

4. American Kids- So this song has been out for a while now but I still love it. It took me a little while to warm up to but as soon as I did i love it. It doesn't sound like anything else that the Chez has done. It's not just your generic country song. I love the lyrics too. He nails the American life with them.

5. Wild Child- So this might be my favorite song off the album. I think every guy has had a girl like the one Kenny is singing about so it hits home. Plus having Grace Potter sing on the song just makes it 5000X better. You & Tequila is still one of my favorite songs. Grace Potter is incredible so adding her to the mix on this song just makes it dynamite. This song is making a strong case for its self as my favorite.

6. Beer Can Chicken- This is a great friday night song. One of those songs you can imagine sitting with your buddies and drinking a few beers to. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the next single, but i have no clue. It's a real country song but once again it's a jam.

7. Rock Bottom- This song is another one that starts slow. It's pretty decent, I think it's a good song for the middle of the album. It doesn't do a ton for me but it's still a good song. Just doesn't grab my attention or anything. 

8. Don't It- This is really the only slow song on the album, it's great. When the chorus comes in, it sort of picks up to mid-tempo. Kenny lets his voice go in the 2nd verse and I love it. He really stretches it. Absolute fire ballad. 

9. Save It For A Rainy Day- This is a classic Kenny song. Talks about heart ache and girls never coming home then about getting out on his boat and cheering up. Godda love it. This is the other song making a strong push for my favorite on the album. Great break up song. 

10. Flora- Bama- I'm sure by now you've heard this song. It's been out for a real long time. It's a great song. Talks about college football, day drinking, the south. Everything that's important in life. Really makes me wanna visit the Flora-Bama bar that he's singing about. It's an awesome song for day drinking. Hard not to sing along.

11. If This Bus Could Talk- This song starts out real slow with just Kenny and the piano. The song really takes off when the band kicks in. He sings about the start of his career and living life on the road. It's a perfect song to finish off the album with, in my opinion. 

All in all, I think it's a great album. My only problem with it is that I wish it came out in June or July. I would have been jamming it all summer long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment