Week 8 was another solid week of college football, featuring some upsets, some blowouts, some intense games, and another close call for my Tigers. Deshaun's sideline swag is UNREAL, but I'd rather see him on the field.
1. Mississippi State Bulldogs: BYE
2. Florida State Seminoles (vs. #5 Notre Dame, W 31-27): FSU was down at the half again, but Jameis was pretty much perfect in the second half. Hate FSU but they're starting to look like the team they were last year.
3. Ole Miss Rebels (vs. Tennessee, W 34-3): Some people saw this as a potential trap game. Well, I guess not.
4. Baylor Bears (@ West Virginia, L 41-27): West Virginia is a tough place to play, and the Bears couldn't escape. They were burning couches up there in Morgantown on Saturday night.
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (@ #2 Florida State, L 31-27): I think Notre Dame proved that they're a lot better than many people thought. Almost pulled off the upset with that last minute drive, but the pass interference hurt a lot. And yes, it was pass interference. Everett Golson is really good, and they aren't out of playoff contention yet.
6. Auburn Tigers: BYE
7. Alabama Crimson Tide (vs. #21 Texas A&M, W 59-0): And just like that, Bama is back in playoff position. What a dominant win.
8. Michigan State Spartans (@ Indiana, W 56-17): It's Indiana.
9. Oregon Ducks (vs. Washington, W 45-20): I thought this was gonna be somewhat of a tough game for the Ducks, but they did just fine.
10. Georgia Bulldogs (@ Arkansas, 45-32): Poor Arkansas, man. When the hell are they gonna win an SEC game? Georgia took care of business in a game I thought they'd struggle in. Nick Chubb is really good.
11. Oklahoma Sooners (vs. #14 Kansas State Wildcats, L 31-30): Get a new kicker. Now. NO reason AT ALL to miss a 19 yard field goal. And he also got a PAT blocked. And I think he missed a 30 something yarder as well. College kickers never cease to amaze me at how much they blow. Can't believe the difference in this game was actually a blocked PAT.
12. TCU Horned Frogs (vs. #15 Oklahoma State, W 42-9): Well that answered the question of how TCU would bounce back from the crushing defeat at Baylor last week. Pure dominance.
13. Ohio State Buckeyes (vs. Rutgers, W 56-17): This is why everyone hates the Big 10.
14. Kansas State Wildcats (@ #11 Oklahoma, W 31-30): They got a little help, but K State looked good. That Tyler Waters fella at QB looked like a Heisman candidate at some points in this game.
15. Oklahoma State Cowboys (@ #12 TCU, L 42-9): Well alright then. Not much to say about that one. A disappointing defeat, I can imagine.
16. Arizona Wildcats: BYE
17. Arizona State Sun Devils (vs. #23 Stanford, W 26-10): Pretty good win for the Sun Devils. So glad they won, so everyone can stop obsessing over Stanford.
18. East Carolina Pirates: BYE
19. Nebraska Cornhuskers (@ Northwestern, W 38-17): The Cornhuskers used a big second half to win this one, and that's about all I can tell from the box score.
20. Utah Utes (@ Oregon State, W 29-23 OT): I guess Utah is kinda for real. Corvallis is not an easy place to play, especially on a Thursday night. And Oregon State isn't bad either. They stayed poised in OT which is pretty impressive on the road.
21. Texas A&M Aggies (@ #7 Alabama, L 59-0): So much for Kenny Trill.
22. USC Trojans (vs. Colorado, W 56-28): Colorado isn't good, and that's about all I have to say about that. Not a very intriguing game.
23. Stanford Cardinal (@ #17 Arizona State, L 26-10): Stanford sucks and I'm glad they lost.
24. Clemson Tigers (@ Boston College, W 17-13): I love our defense. Simple as that. Cole Stoudt was fine at QB, but the running game sucked, and the play calling was even worse. Chad Morris needs to get his shit together. But, all in all, it was another gritty win for us and we gotta get ready for Syracuse.
25. Marshall Thundering Herd (@ FIU, W 45-13): Love that Marshall is in the top 25. Mostly so one of the coolest nicknames in the country can be featured on this blog. Still undefeated.