Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Frank Pepe's Named Best Pizza in America

wtnhNew Haven, Conn. (WTNH) — New Haven is proud of its pizza; and once again the top honor for best pizza in America is bestowed on a New Haven institution. The website The Daily Meal has compiled their list of the top 101 Best Pizzas in the nation, and New Haven claims three spots in the top twenty, including the number one spot. The list was created from votes from what the website describes as 46 American chefs, restaurant critics, bloggers, writers, and “pizza authorities”.

BOOOOO YA!!!!!!!! I'm SO sick of all these IDIOT New Yorkers saying how incredible their pizza is and "blah blah blah". Shut up New Yorkers, no one likes your state anyways and your capital is Albany, LOL. Connecticut has the best pizza you dumb dumbs and the proof is in the pudding (or pizza, ha ha ha). If you haven't tried Pepe's you need to do so ASAP. They have a few locations now which are all good but there's something special about the New Haven location, I guess because it's the original location. My friends' family used to drive all the way from New Jersey to New Haven just to get Pepe's and it's 200% worth it. Im actually debating driving to New Haven from Rhode Island right now and CRUSH some 'Za. Just a large white clam pizza to the dome.Yes please and thank you. I'm usually a pretty impatient person and hate waiting in lines but I do not mind waiting in line to get into Pepe's, probably just because I know what's waiting for me at the end and it's incredible. Another thing I love about Pepe's is that they serve Foxon Park soda, which is INCREDIBLE. The whole experience is just top notch and I hope you drop whatever you're doing and go to Pepe's. 

P.S. I think this is the longest blog I've ever written, no surprise it was about Pepe's. Guess I shouldn't have skipped lunch today.

P.P.S- For all you cry baby New Yorkers, I will admit that Lil Vincent's in Huntington is some damn good 'za too. But it doesn't hold a candle to Frankie's.

P.P.P.S- Bloggers got to vote on the best pizza places in the U.S.? That means free pizza from all the best places in the country. I knew I got into the right business. Do accountants get free pizza? NO!

This is also a great excuse for me to post this hilarious video:

No comments:

Post a Comment