Week 9 in the college football wasn't as exciting as some of the previous weeks, but there were some great games as always and personally, I had a great time with my family who came down to Clemson this weekend. Always a blast tailgating in Tiger Town.
1. Mississippi State Bulldogs (@ Kentucky, W 45-31): Not an overwhelming victory for the Bulldogs but Kentucky has improved, so it's not a big deal that they only won by 14.
2. Florida State Seminoles: BYE
3. Ole Miss Rebels (@ #24 LSU, L 10-7): 7 points? Really? GTFO of the top 5.
4. Alabama Crimson Tide (@ Tennessee, W 34-20): Lane Kiffin returned to Tennessee and Alabama won, not surprisingly.
5. Auburn Tigers (vs. South Carolina, W 42-35): Love that SCAR is 4-4. Hate that Auburn didn't do it easier.
6. Oregon Ducks (@ California, W 59-41): Ducks offense went to work on Friday night.
7. Notre Dame Fighting Irish: BYE
8. Michigan State Spartans (vs. Michigan, W 35-11): How bad is Michigan? This bad.
9. Georgia Bulldogs: BYE
10. TCU Horned Frogs (vs. Texas Tech, W 82-27): 82?! 82 frickin points?
11. Kansas State Wildcats (vs. Texas, W 23-0): K State is looking pretty good lately. Their 1 loss was to #5 Auburn.
12. Baylor Bears: BYE
13. Ohio State Buckeyes (@ Penn State, W 31-24 2OT): This is why I'm never sold on Ohio State. Blowing 17 point halftime leads and having to win in double overtime.
14. Arizona State Sun Devils (@ Washington, W 24-10): ASU has been looking pretty damn good lately and if I'm in the Pac 12 I'm not looking forward to playing them.
15. Arizona Wildcats (@ Washington State, W 59-37): Mike Leach just does not give a shit about defense. Sure his quarterbacks will almost always throw for 800 yards, but they give up 50+ every game. And Arizona is grateful for that.
16. Nebraska Cornhuskers (vs. Rutgers, W 42-24): Ameer Abdullah and the 'Huskers are a VERY quiet 7-1. It's just what happens when you play in the Big 10 when the conference turned to shit.
17. Oklahoma Sooners: BYE
18. East Carolina Pirates (vs. Connecticut, W 31-21): Anytime you allow yourself to be tied with UConn at any point during the 4th quarter, you lose all credibility as a formidable program.
19. Utah Utes (vs. #20 USC, W 24-21): Pac 12 title not out of reach for the Utes. Love that they're 6-1.
20. USC Trojans (@ #19 Utah, L 24-21): 5-3? GTFO of my top 25.
21. Clemson Tigers (vs. Syracuse, W 16-6): Just keep grinding I guess? I officially despise Cole Stoudt with every bone in my body. Dude gets a high from throwing the ball to the other team. Luckily we have the best defense in the country. Cuse BLOWS but we didn't allow 90+ yards in either passing or rushing. 88 passing yards and 82 rushing yards for a combined paltry 170 for the pitiful Syracuse squad. Defense is frickin sick. Sick of not scoring 20 points though... (Sidenote: We have got to stop sprinting on the field after wins against meaningless opponents. I know they keep the stadium open for fans and let us on the field, but PLEASE stop rushing the field for no reason. It makes it meaningless when we do it against teams like Georgia. This is why people make fun of us. Not because we lose to teams we're supposed to lose to, but because we rush the field after beating Syracuse and Louisville, both unranked teams. That's my little rant for the day. K bye.)
22. West Virginia Mountaineers (@ Oklahoma State, W 34-10): WVU is on a rolllllll.
23. Marshall Thundering Herd (vs. Florida Atlantic, W 35-16): Thundering Herd still undefeated. Love it. Buuuut there's just the small tidbit that you played Florida Atlantic...
24. LSU Tigers (vs. #3 Ole Miss, W 10-7): I guess they got a decent defense down there in Baton Rouge? Didn't know. Cue LSU catapulting up the rankings for no reason.
25. UCLA Bruins (@ Colorado, W 40-37): Beat a 2-6 team by 3 points. Can people stop pretending UCLA is good.
There you have it folks. Very brief wrap up today. I've been swamped.